Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Books of the Bible study.
Led by Tiffany Chase
Location: Triumph House
Curriculum: MasterWorks, Detours by Tony Evans, Holiness of God by R. C. SproulGroup Details
Location: B 102
Life Group: Young adults 18 - 30
Curriculum: Gospel of Mark
By Priscilla Shirer
Old Testament heroes are best known for their most celebrated moments: Moses dividing the Red Sea; David slaying Goliath; Gideon routing an insurmountable army; Joshua marching around the defiant walls of Jericho.
And Elijah—calling down fire on Mount Carmel.
Blinded by the remarkable narratives of our biblical heroes, we can forget they each had a backstory—months and years of development, even difficulty, which fortified their spiritual muscle and prepared them for the tasks that made their lives unforgettable.
Every serious believer longs to summon up the kind of boldness and faith that can stand firm on Mount Carmel and pray down heaven into impossible situations. Yet few are willing to go through the process required to get them there. Strength of faith, character, and boldness can only be shaped in the hidden fires of silence, sameness, solitude, and adversity. Those who patiently wait on God in the darkness emerge with their holy loyalty cemented, their courage emblazoned, and their confident belief in Him set afire.
Join Priscilla Shirer on this 7-session journey through the life and times of the prophet Elijah to discover how the fire on Mount Carmel was forged in the valley of famine. And how the emboldened, fiery faith you desire is being fashioned by God in your life right now.
Twelve Women of the Bible
Life-Changing Stories for Women Today
November 20 - January 26
A 12-SESSION STUDY
Don’t you just love authentic people? Aren’t you drawn to women who are transparent and real? There is something fresh and wonderful about women who have nothing to hide and who are not ashamed about who they are . . . even the tough parts.
In this twelve-session small group journey, taught by six acclaimed Bible teachers, you will meet a group of amazing women in the Bible who are absolutely real. At first you might wonder why God captured these particular stories in the Bible. But, as you press on, you will discover that their raw and revealing stories of frailties, struggles, sins and brokenness are a real gift to women today.
You’ll discover lessons from each of these women that will help you persevere through the circumstances you are facing. Learn how to:
- Apply biblical lessons to your own modern-day struggles
- Live through your failures as well as your successes
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials
- Find lasting contentment in every situation
- Overcome rejection and insecurity
Their stories are not fairytales, their road was not easy, and their examples are not perfect. They lived in times and places quite different than ours. Yet they hold up a mirror to our souls that can help us better understand our own story. And in doing so, we find freedom to come to God as we are, with total transparency, honest and real.
- Eve: Finding Lasting Contentment in the Truth (Lysa TerKeurst)
- Rebekah: Breaking Free of Feminine Stereotypes (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Leah: Overcoming Rejection and Insecurity (Naomi Zacharias)
- Hannah: Surrendering in Waiting (Amena Brown)
- Abigail: Dealing with Confrontation in Relationships (Elisa Morgan)
- Gomer: Learning to Accept Unconditional Love (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary, Mother of Jesus: Moving from Comfort to Courage (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary Magdalene: Transforming from Outcast to Follower (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Mary of Bethany: Putting Our Faith into Action (Elisa Morgan)
- Martha: Finding Our Identity in Jesus (Amena Brown)
- The Woman at the Well: Turning Our Messes into Messages (Lysa TerKuerst)
- The Syrophoenician Woman: Approaching God with Persistency and Boldness (Naomi Zacharias)
Curriculum: Gospel of Matthew
Subject: Intro to the Old Testament